For those interested in our plans for Portugal in January and February I am posting the following information:
- Booking Website: www.homeaway.ca I think that it is important that you use the Canadian site so that you consistently get Canadian dollars for the search.
- Town where I have been looking: Carvoeiro, Algarve
- Price Range: $60 - $90 per night Canadian
- The unit that I have booked: I have included this so that you can see what you get for what you give. Regardless of what price is showing on this page, I paid $83 Canadian per night. Our landlord is a PremierPartner which is similar to an AirBNB SuperHost. We stayed with a SuperHost for several months in 2017-2018 in Toronto. I suspect that SuperHosts and PremierPartners try harder.
Our Unit The unit occupies three floors - 1st, living room, kitchen, 2nd bed and bath, roof top terrace.
- Billing Details: So that you can see a sample of the final cost calculation here is the quote for our unit.
I am currently looking for a 2nd month but I am taking a couple of days off to clear what I have seen from my head.
I intend to use the flight application titled "Hopper" to plan and book airlines. They have a unique algorithm that suggest to you not only what flight to take, but when to book it to get the best rates. Speaking of flights, I have not figured out the flights (Faro or Lisbon) and how to actually get to Corvoeiro (bus, mule, train).